Friday, January 11, 2013

What's In My Bag?

Good morning!  Today's blog post is full of links, photos, and maybe even a bit of humor!

Or not.  I'm only one green tea into my morning and I have to work the next three nights.

Anyway, I'm going to talk about all knitting, all the time.  If you are not a knitter, or you miss my old blog where I talked about disastrous dates (and there were several...if you go to the yahoo group Fraudvixen's Volumes you can read about it and I promise to give you access if you request it), then you may not enjoy this one.  I don't care...I'm not in this silly game to recruit old fans of previous topics.  I'm in it to better my life, make a little bit of money, make a difference in a couple of lives, and...well...knit.  A lot.

First, though, here is the article I wrote yesterday about a Lorna's Laces from behind the scenes...I can't thank Beth and Amanda and the crew enough for letting me into their world like this.  SOOOO fun...only thing that would have made it better would have been a ninja-like fight with the dyer so I could have MY diva turn at the dyeing table!

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-lorna-s-laces?cid=db_articles

I also have a new design on both Ravelry and Etsy, inspired by Victorian lace but NOT Victorian lace...check it out:





And next, my non-profit idea is one step closer to reality, although in this case, the LAST step will be filing for 501(c)3 status because it can be done without grant money for a while.  But I had a dear friend draw up some monsters for me, and I am getting ready to sit down and write some patterns with those as inspiration.

Then, the kimono sweater...swear to god...is FINALLY off the needles!  And I don't mean I transferred live stitches to a holder...it's actually almost finished.  Really!  Swear!  I just have to seam up the two sleeves and do the i-cord neckline, so I should be done right around 2015 or so.  Yesterday, I went to sleep thinking I would do that during Grey's Anatomy on the internet this morning, but that didn't happen.

I have been thinking of a design for Knitty.com and Franklin Habit's Templeton Square design contest...I am not sure the first idea shall come to fruition, but the second one may.  So yeah...I have to look into that.

In my bag currently, I have a pair of toe-up socks from a Crazy Zauerball, and I managed to find the inside of the ball so I could do them two at a time.  Only I didn't want to try and fiddle with two socks, two needles, and one Crazy Zauerball with string being pulled from two ends, so I'm making them two at a time separately on two separate needles.  I have the toes completed, see?

THEN...I have the cat bed.  During the Yarn Crawl, I bought three skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky, and I thought I would make Axl a felted cat bed since he winces at me every time I take out the recycling (his current cat bed).  It's on Size 13 needles so it's whipping up in a jiffy.  I also have a cowl in the car on Size 8's that I do at the Bensenville train, or at red lights if I'm driving in rush hour, and the acrylic blanket is still there but I just need to bind it off.

So let's recap:  Templeton Square, monsters, kimono sweater, charity, socks, cat bed, cowl, acrylic blanket square.

My goal was NOT to knit one project at a time this year.  It was to knit through some of my stash.  And look at me go!  Oh, and this is how Bluto watches me knit.  When he's not holding the yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment