Friday, November 1, 2013

Vogue Live Double Yay!

So, I'm currently sitting in the Starbucks at the Palmer House Hilton, realizing that last night I went to bed without paying my...umm...six mortgages.  Time to pull my head out of my arse.

The good news is that it only takes a few minutes, and then I can get back to covering Vogue Knitting LIVE, which has descended upon Chicago for the weekend.  Double yay, indeed!  Here is the article I posted last night before bed...I spent what I thought would be a few minutes in the lobby, waiting for the rain to subside. I ended up talking to people for two hours and missing a Halloween party I was very much looking forward to:

http://www.examiner.com/article/buzz-starts-growing-at-vogue-knitting-live-chicago

Anyway, the Marketplace is currently being set up, the lecturers and teachers are starting to pour in, and everyone...EVERYONE...is wearing something made by hand.  Me, I chose the hat I wrote the day I shaved my head for St. Baldrick's...here's a reminder:


Of course, I have hair now, but if you see me, come up and introduce yourself!  Tell me your story, tell me what's on the needles, what you're wearing, what yarn you used...all of it.  I want details.  And I'm a bit blunt so don't be surprised if I give you my opinion (I'm also pretty damn cheery, so my opinion tends to be overwhelmingly positive).

Have a great first day...follow me on twitter for up-to-date updates, and if you subscribe to my column before Sunday, just send me the confirmation email and I'll send you ANY of my patterns for FREEEEE!  I said it once already...double yay, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be giving away books Saturday at noon at the MiaBella booth--please come say hello!

    ReplyDelete