Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gosh...Tuesday Just Disappeared!

Good morning...I normally feel bloggy on Tuesdays, but yesterday wasn't easy.  I had to finish Knit Tips Tuesday, pack, prepare for the fact that I already had my last day at my previous position so I will be starting my future position in two weeks, and other stuff I would like to blame for not blogging yesterday.  I also, quite honestly, didn't have a lot to say.

Today, I can't shut up.  It might be the coffee.  Or the coffee and couscous.  Or the coffee, couscous, and Clif bar.  Maybe it's just Florida, I don't know.

I'm visiting my stepmom on the Florida panhandle at the moment, and then of course I'm putting the final touches on the house-clean before heading up north for good.  Either way, here is the article I published for Examiner.com this morning, relating to what to get a knitter for the holidays:

http://www.examiner.com/knitting-in-chicago/chicago-area-yarn-expert-weigh-on-gift-giving-for-knitters

And then since I didn't post it yesterday for the blogosphere, here is the Knit Tips Tuesday.  It's about tips for organizing your post-holiday yarn stash.  Or, you can just do what I do...shove it all in the back of the Chevy Aveo, and hit the road with it:

http://www.examiner.com/knitting-in-chicago/chicago-area-yarn-expert-weigh-on-gift-giving-for-knitters

So last week, I realized I had to change the January scarf for my Scarf-Series-of-the-Month, since I need to make sure I get the color-change part right on the ORIGINAL January scarf.  This may make it a February scarf, and it may also make it an October or November scarf, I don't know yet.  All I know is that the new January scarf is almost finished, and then after a day of blocking it will be time to accost strangers who want their photo taken in it.  It's actually turning out quite lovely, and I worked part of it up with a few different yarns so I can offer substitutions.  I haven't ripped out this much in a week in forever, but it's for a good cause. 

I also made that chemo cap for Arlinda...you probably saw the picture and the thank-you note.  Well, I had almost half a ball left, so I thought I would exercise my crocheting prowess and make a discloth with it (that's about as far-exercised that my crocheting prowess ever gets...I can't shape anything and I have to look at the instructions if I'm doing anything other than single crochet).  Then, I realized I didn't have enough yarn, so I turned it into a little bag.  It won't hold much...maybe a pocket bible or your cosmetics necessities...but at least it's cute.  My hand is in the picture so you can see just how diminutive it is.  Oh, and the reason the flower was added was because I couldn't live with myself throwing away two yards of cotton yarn, apparently:


So today, my stepmom and I are either seeing Hugo or The Muppets, but either way, I'm happy to indulge in such activities.  Excuse me while I go back to my knitting...I'm trying to finish up a project that's actually several teeny weeny projects, and it's taking me longer than I thought.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment