Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yay and Double Yay!

Good morning, yarners and blog followers!  I'm sitting on the chair, Penny is sitting on the other chair, Bluto is passed out on the couch, and the husband is upstairs.  So I'm basically alone.  Big deal in my house, considering the dogs like to act as cardigans.

So anyone who followed my "anatomy of a sock" series on examiner.com saw photos of my socks, made in a yarn called Lorna's Laces Solemate.  It's lovely.  Colors are also lovely.  I can't think of a bad thing to say about the company's yarn...it's worth every penny of what you are paying and then some.  So every year, the Ravenswood ArtWalk happens the last weekend in September, and the only year I was able to go was 2008 with my friend Ellen and her mom.  Even this year, I was scheduled to work this weekend until I arrived at work yesterday.

Turns out, we are embarking on a big project this week, so I offered to work overnight from Sunday to Thursday.  This means that suddenly I have today (Saturday) off, and suddenly...I GET TO GO TO LORNA'S LACES BECAUSE THEY ARE LOCATED SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARTWALK.  Yes, that was me screaming from the rooftops.

In case you're curious, here is the article I wrote about it for examiner.com.  I of course get paid by the click, so make sure you share this with your friends, family members nearest neighbors on the bus via Samsung Galaxy SIII click, whatever:

http://www.examiner.com/article/lorna-s-laces-opens-its-doors-during-the-ravenswood-artwalk?cid=db_articles

Now, I respect the fact that people will think I'm geeking out in a way I don't normally geek out.  But two things to consider:
1.  I have no Chicago Blackhawks preseason to speak of
2.  You all have your ComicCons, Live Action Role Play, World of Warcraft, Coffee of the Month Clubs...

So yeah.  I'm there.

Also, I am getting press credentials for Vogue Knitting Live, something that STILL has me geeked out.  I was asked if there was anyone I would like to interview, and I didn't feel right by responding with, "Umm..how about everyone on the docket?  I can do that, right?" I chose one of my favorite designers.  It will be a surprise, but if this person is free, I already have my rapid-fire interview ready.

This has been another good month on the writing front...it started out with the Red Scarf project, which to-date has 52 "likes" on facebook (click here if you didn't get a chance to read this...it's a fantastic organization).  This has also been a good month on other fronts, as I had an epiphany in the middle of a training class.  The first voice I heard was CJ's, which figures, since I was only a few blocks from his house (in fact, Teeny Jesus made an appearance in his front yard).  Then I heard a woman's voice, telling me basically, "I told you so."  It was in a very nice way, and I couldn't figure out the voice, especially since only ONE person had dissented on the particular I-told-you-so decision. Come to find out that the voice I heard was the person who originally dissented, and she had passed away that morning.

By the way, I don't care if you agree, disagree, believe, or think I'm nuts when I say things like this.  But if it's true to me, just respect that.

So anyway, I heard the signs loud and clear.  I need new direction.  I see the new direction.  It's just a matter of getting there.  Next month's pattern is ready to be shipped (via email of course) to my subscribers on the first of the month, I get to drool at Lorna's Laces this afternoon, and basically all is well with the world.  Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment