Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just Another Thursday Night

Good evening...I'm sitting on the couch, watching food cook (I'm assuming it's not cooking itself and the husband is somewhere on the other side of the wall), and warding off the dogs.  Here's why...it's difficult to knit with yarn that costs twenty-eight bucks per ball when pit bulls smell...well...cashmere.

But the fun part:  my boss is a clothing designer, and loves to smell fabrics.  I now have her smelling my yarn and make an effort to point out when I bring new yarn into work.  Today was the Filatura di Crosa Superior, and of course since it's 70% cashmere, smelling was only a part of it.  The other part...and I'm assuming any normal human with nerve endings in their fingertips would have done this...is that she groped it.  A lot.

I've realized over the past couple of days that there really is something magical about this yarn.  See, I whipped it out at Mrs. Murphy & Sons Irish Bistro, and it was groped by about four people.  Then I thought back to every Tuesday and Thursday when I lived in Texas, and I don't think a day went by where I didn't give that display a heavy-pet or two on my way to the comfy chairs.

What makes it even more awesome is that knitting with it is a dream.  The only problem I've had involves a slip, slip, slip, knit.  The space is too teeny to get the left needle into the back of the stitches.  Of course, part of the problem is that I started knitting on bamboo needles...shame on me!  It's LACE, for crap's sake!  And it's CASHMERE!  What was I thinking?  Well, this shouldn't come as a terrible surprise...my other size 5 circulars...the metal ones...are currently being held hostage by a different project.

And my size 8 Addi Turbos.
And my size 10.5 Addi Turbos.
And my one stitch holder.
And my metal fourteen-inch size threes.
And my size 3 double-points.

Notice the theme of this post is "I have problems."  Most of them involve yarn and needles.

But the Blackhawks are also losing.  Perhaps it's time for bed and I should just dream of my ball of periwinkle cashmere waiting for me this weekend (I most likely won't knit tomorrow, since it's day three of my rotation).  I hope the ladies in Katy had a good evening...I think of you often and of course have Teeny Jesus to thank...


Here's to hoping he prays for me tomorrow, when I have a visit from my market manager and I may craftily be by myself, thus putting the pressure on.  I'm confident in my abilities, but it still never hurts to have cashmere yarn being babysat by a Teeny Jesus in your bag at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment