Saturday, March 24, 2012

Check Out My Head!

Well, here we are.

I finished my hat, and I finished Zack's hat.  While I didn't get a picture of Zach's hat, it's probably only a matter of time before it pops up.  It looked like a floppy graduation hat...a bit ridiculous.  I'm very proud of it.

Thanks to my awesome support system, I raised $1,190 to benefit St. Baldrick's, a charity which funds research for childhood cancers.  Great job everybody!  I had an entourage with me at O'Malley's Pub, and I counted ten people who shaved their heads.  The great thing is that at least five of them were under the age of ten...they wanted to help other kids.  Just when you thought all kids did nowadays was surf the internet...

Anyway, here is me in my bald cap, made from Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb.  I thought the color, Turtle Rodeo, was appropriate since I recently missed the Houston Rodeo.  Mutton-busting in the audience with Kathleen was one of my favorite memories of Texas:

Tomorrow, I was thinking of going for a bike ride.  And choosing my next big project.  I went to Midwest Discount Yarn this week because I needed a sixteen-inch size 8 circular needle, and of course it's the mecca for vintage patterns sold at the original published price, so I had to buy stuff.  For fifteen bucks, I walked away with almost 200 patterns from 1967 to 1976.  Some of them are...well...more "fly" than others, but they are all at least a hoot to look at.  I was thinking of taking one of my higher quantities of yarn and making a cute dress with cables on it.  Perhaps there needs to be a measure of patience first...

For now, though, no knitting for the night.  My eyes need a break, my fingers need a break, and I really just want to rub the peach fuzz on my head until I fall asleep.  The husband posted a photo of the two of us (he shaves his head as a fashion statement, for those of you who have never seen him), and of course when we got home this afternoon, Bluto started licking the back of my head and he couldn't stop.  Whatever.

Oh, and what should I do with the OTHER half-skein of the Turtle Rodeo?  I was thinking a snood, so I would have a place to put my hair when it comes back!

No comments:

Post a Comment