Thursday, August 25, 2011

Knitting Abounds!

So, I did...in fact...finish the sock-monkey sweater.  And for those of you who didn't know it had a nickname, here's what happened:

I had this store credit burning a hole in my pocket at Yarntopia in Katy, Texas.  There were two yarns I couldn't stop staring at for the past few months...one of them is a lace-weight Filatura and the other one was a Tahki that looks like (thank god Angel at the library said this...it was like a lightbulb going on over my head) soba noodles while in the hank.  It's called Montana...it's their roving yarn, it still smells like sheep, and DAMN it's yummy to knit with.

I bought both.  And two skeins of Malabrigo worsted and a ball of Noro.  Just because.  That store credit didn't have a chance.

I pulled off an entire half-length raglan cardigan in a week.  Seriously.  But when you use size 13 needles, it's not as difficult as it sounds.  I even attached the button, blocked it, and wove in the ends...it's kismet.  The yarn itself is naturally-colored, so it's slightly striped with light and dark sheep colors.  When it's knitted, it looks like the prettiest sock monkey in all the land.

Today, I had to spend the day at the mechanic, due to the fact that I have a 95,000-mile car and it's just about the time where everything is going to break all at once.  I did eight rows of the shawl on the Trekking Hands that I can't seem to finish but refuse to rip out, another three inches of garter on the Lion Brand garment I'm making, and I wrote out a couple of logistic ideas for some new patterns mulling around in my head.  I did not, however, actually write out the pattern for the sock-monkey sweater.  That may be tomorrow's project.

By the time I went to the knitting group, I didn't want to look at either project I worked on all day, so I busted out the Malabrigo.  I purchased the color called "lettuce"...it's this distinctive green color that SCREAMS "Winter Scarf For Fall."  So I went about casting on and knitting and gossiping...it was a good yarn day.

I'll post pictures of the sock monkey sweater as soon as I can.  For now, it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment