Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Ahead

Good morning, everyone...and here is your blog entry for the day.

First, here is Knit Tips Tuesday...this one is sort of a three-part series on shaping.  Today will be increases, next Tuesday will be decreases, and the week after that will be short-rows.

http://www.examiner.com/knitting-in-chicago/knit-tips-tuesday-increases

I took the dogs for a walk this morning, and now I have to get my yarn on before doing some crafty math to solve the world's financial problems.  The good news is that the world's financial problems are actually higher on the list than solving the reason why Patrick Kane is playing like he has his head up his ass...I love him and think he's awesome, but when he's slumping the entire Chicago Blackhawks team suffers.

In case anyone cares.

I think I'm going to start the next sample for the Scarf Pattern of the Month series today, since I'm far enough into next month's sample where I know that the test-knit is working.  I mean seriously...if, between me and the test-knitter (who will most likely always remain nameless...she has asked for me to not mention her name because she doesn't want people to start asking her to test-knit for her), we haven't found any major foul-ups in the pattern, that's a good sign.  I'm incredibly anal-retentive on stuff like that.

Scratch that...I hate that phrase.  I'm tightly wound.  If it's not a right angle, it's a WRONG angle.

Anyway, I was thinking of going ahead and test-knitting the next one, since I have unpacked about 35% of my yarn so I feel like I've already accomplished something this week.  This seems like a reasonable reward, and it DOES fall in the category of "Get ahead in 2012!" in my book.  Now the real question is, do I use the Tahki Stacy Charles Luna, or the Filatura di Crosa Superior?  I think the pattern would be gorgeous in either one.

Well, Teeny Jesus may have to make an appearance at a yarn store, with decisions like this to make.  Don't get me wrong...I'm still not buying yarn, but dammit Teeny Jesus may need to learn how to knit.  Yesterday, I put him in my prescription bottle so people could have the perspective of just how teeny this Teeny Jesus IS:


I've already taken the dogs for a walk, wrote my column, and now I'm going to make my tea and REALLY start my day.  Bring on the yarn!

1 comment:

  1. OK, now I can post the wise crack I tried to do earlier. However, now that I completely understand the T.J. in 2012 plan, my comment isn't so funny. I guess He knew all along!

    ReplyDelete