Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yet Another Knit Tips Tuesday Goes By...

Good morning!  It feels like every other Tuesday, really...I wake up, let the dogs out, feed them, the husband scampers off to work, and then I spend the morning writing knit tips and watching Penny and Bluto cry at each other when one of them won't share a bone with the other one.

Anyway, here is today's Knit Tips Tuesday...the subject is decreasing:

http://www.examiner.com/knitting-in-chicago/knit-tips-tuesday-decreases

I just feel so blah today...bought a new coffee maker from my fabulous employer (and of course got my 10% discount, just in case I didn't save ENOUGH money so I could live better), and now there is no room in the kitchen to make coffee.  Rather, I don't feel like making the room in the kitchen to bust out the coffee maker and make coffee.  I'm THAT lazy.  But I've had bad dreams all weekend, so the grogginess factor won't dissipate.

Either way, I spent my three lunch breaks finishing this ridiculous lace pattern I wanted to try, and I only have one more panel to go (seasoned knitters who know what I mean by that sentence just cringed and said to themselves, "One MORE?  How many are there to begin with?")  Don't be scared, dear knitters...it has a way to start, a repeated middle, and a way to end.  It's not that bad.  But now I have to try and knit it before passing it off to my lovely test-knitter, and the question is, do i use some cheapo stuff I can get at the five-and-dime so I can just toss it if it doesn't work, or should I suck it up and use the good stuff and call it an investment-slash-learning-experience if I have to go back to the drawing board and waste five hundred yards of gorgeous?

I'm inclined to consider the latter.  If it DOES work, it will still be five hundred yards of gorgeous.  If it doesn't, I know where to get more gorgeous.  It all works out.

Screw it.  I'll get out of the jammy pants and dress like a grownup and head into the wild gray yonder.  Too many ideas, and not enough time to get to them all.  I guess the same could be said for yarn, but it's never stopped me from buying more of it.

My friend Michelle gave me a project bag that has holes in it for pulling through your yarn.  This means I can do the one pattern I've been contemplating for three months now and now worry about the colors getting tangled!  Yay!  Not that I mind getting out knots in yarn...ask anyone who has knitted next to me who does NOT like getting out their tangles, and they will all tell you I have offered to de-tangle them.  It's a lefty thing...pick apart the puzzle so it makes sense as to how it got that way, as opposed to build the puzzle to prove the end result.

Some photos to share...the first one is proof that not all pit bulls are killers.  Or gifted, for that matter.  I think Penny and Bluto are trying to grasp the concept of "chair built for one" by testing and failing on their perspective of the size of the chair (Bluto is lying behind my back with his head cocked over my shoulder, and Penny tried to squeeze her little muscular butt between my leg and the arm of the chair):


And finally, the husband needed some spiritual guidance.  I thought that Teeny Jesus was the right man for the job, so I placed him on Guille's head while he was doing the dishes.  The dishes, at least, were more enlightened because of it:

Have a good week, everyone!  Thanks to Alex, I will be writing about a knitting-and-foodie event at a bistro in North Center, near Lincoln Avenue and Irving Park Road coming up at the end of the month.  AND...since I'm not working that day, I can actually attend the event!  Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment